This documentation has been deprecated. We are migrating Oempro help articles to our new help portal. Take a look at more detailed help articles on our new help portal.
- Email Delivery
- Load Balancing
- Spam Complaint Monitoring
Email Delivery Setup
This is the most critical setup for your Oempro to function properly for sending emails and campaigns.
There are five tabs - these tabs will help you setup your delivery methods, load balancing, bounce setup, spam complaint handling and headers.
- X-Mailer Header [required field]
- You can define sender identifier which can include this header on all the outgoing messages.
Example: My Email Service
- Centralized Sender Domain
- This is for those who wish to have all the email campaigns to be sent with an email address from your domain - just enter the domain name (ex: yourdomain.com). If you do not want to do this leave the field empty. If you enable this feature your users will not need to set SPF/SenderID or DKIM/DomainKeys authentications on their domains, all the authentication checks will be done for the domain name you define. However, if you enable this option all the recipients will see the from address and "on behalf of"
- Delivery Method
- Here you can define the delivery method - there are several methods which can be selected from the drop down.
1. SMTP Connection
If enabled you will have to set several other options and fill in the hostname, smtp port, security, connection timeout and authentication credentials.
1. SMTP.Com (octeth.smtp.com)
Octeth also runs an SMTP service in partnership with SMTP.com - you can create your account by signing up with the server at http://octeth.smtp.com.
SendGrid provides reliable delivery and scalability for your email delivery needs - you can create your account by signing up through http://sendgrid.com.
1. Local MTA
You can enter the local MTA such as qmail,postfix, sendmail's queue path. Please be aware that the website user has full permission to read and write into your MTA's queue directory.
1. PHP mail() function
You can use the standard PHP's mail() function as an email delivery method.
PowerMTA is an enterprise grade Mail Transfer Agent - Oempro provides the ability to define the Virtual MTA Name and Pick-up Directory which is configured for your PowerMTA configuration file.
1. Save to Directory
This will help you save all the emails generated to a directory which can either be a normal directory or a directory where your mail queue is saved.
Once you are done configuring the delivery settings you can use the "Test Email Delivery Settings" button to test this out. Oempro will send test emails to the email address defined in your account information section.
Oempro offers an easy way to configure load balancing feature to reduce the sudden spikes due to heavy email campaign sending. If this option is enabled your email sending will create intervals after every defined number of emails.
- Load Balancing
- Use the drop down menu to enable and disable this option. If you enable it there are two more fields which you have to fill up
Emails per Interval:
- Define the number of emails sent per interval.
Time to wait
- Define the time in seconds to wait between every interval.
This is the critical setup and must be done correctly so that whenever the campaign emails are bounced back they are processed and added to the bounced database.
We have a dedicated topic which covers the setup of bounce handling - please refer to Bounce Handling
Spam Complaint Monitoring
We have a dedicated topic which covers the setup of spam complaint monitoring - please refer to Spam Complaint Monitoring
This option allows you to configure custom email headers which can help your MTA to categorize them and prioritize easily.
- You can add "X-" or any other prefix which you can identify easily
- You can apply this for "All Emails", "Campaign Emails", "Auto Responder Emails" or "Transactional Emails"
- Here you can enter a pre-defined value such as userid, users email id, users group id. This field will accept the personalization tag for userid, users email, and users group id.