This documentation has been deprecated. We are migrating Oempro help articles to our new help portal. Take a look at more detailed help articles on our new help portal.
- Backing up the application files
- Backing up your mysql database
- Restoring your application files
- Restoring your Database
Oempro Backup Instructions
There are times when things can go wrong and your server may have issues which can destroy your database or website.
It is always better that you keep the backup of your database and application files.
Backing up the application files
- To backup your Oempro installation files go to your FTP of the website
- Download all the application files found under the /your_installation_path/oempro directory.
Backing up your mysql database
There are two ways to backup your mysql database
- You can backup the database using phpmyadmin
- You can use the shell command to back it up.
Backing up the database using phpmyadmin
- Go to your phpmyadmin
- Select the database for your Oempro
- Click on the "Export" button.
- Select the format as "SQL"
- Make sure that you select the database structure along with the data for the full backup
- Click on the "Go" button to export and save the database file.
Backing up the database using shell command
- Login to your server with SSH
- Run the command "mysqldump -u [Username] -p [password] [databasename] > [backup_oempro.sql]" - replace the username, password and database with your own username,password and database.
Restoring your application files
To restore your application files follow the steps below.
- Upload all the files which were backed up to your oempro folder
- Check the config.inc.php under /oempro/data directory and verify all the path's and database details and modify them accordingly to match the new setup or your server.
Restoring your Database
To restore your database you can use the sql backup using phpmyadmin or using command line.
- To restore it with the help of phpmyadmin go to the phpmyadmin interface
- Select the database
- Click on import tab
- Select the backed up sql file and import the same.
In order to restore your database using the command line method follow the steps below
- Login to your ssh server
- Execute the command "mysql - u [username] -p [password] [database] < backup_oempro.sql"
After restoring the backup please go to the web url and check whether everything is working fine or not.