This documentation has been deprecated. We are migrating Oempro help articles to our new help portal. Take a look at more detailed help articles on our new help portal.
Moving Oempro from one server to another
It is possible that you may want to test the water before actually moving your Oempro to a production level server and in similar scenario you will require to move your test installation to a production level server.
We have listed the steps to achieve this.
- Backup your Oempro directory and database in case of a problem
- Move your Oempro directory to the new location
- Set directory and file permissions to 777 for /data/*
- Edit /data/config.inc.php and update settings based on new server parameters
- Move your Oempro database to the new location
- Login to admin area
- Check settings
- Remove Oempro installation directory and database from the old server
- Login to your client area at http://octeth.com/clientarea/
- Delete the Oempro license you have generated for your old domain
- Create a new license for the new domain
- Download it from the client area
- Upload license.dat file to /data/ directory
- That's all. Once these steps are completed, your Oempro will be ready to run on your new server.
That's all. Once these steps are completed, your Oempro will be ready to run on your new server.