This documentation has been deprecated. We are migrating Oempro help articles to our new help portal. Take a look at more detailed help articles on our new help portal.
New Campaign using a Web URL
There are two ways in which anyone can start creating a new campaign irrespective of the method they use. You can use "Campaigns" tab or if you are on the Dashboard you can click on the "Create New Campaign" link under the Quick Links.
- click on the "Campaigns" tab
- click on the "Create New campaign" under the campaign browser
If you look at the campaign browser screenshot above you will realize that it gives you the ability to browse through the campaigns within your account. You will also be able to track all the campaigns which are sent, are in outbox, are being created and in draft mode, are scheduled, are paused and are pending approval.
You can manage tags which can allow you to categorize your campaigns.
- Campaign Name
- Enter the name of your campaign
- Select the mailing list or a segment for your campaign.You can select single or multiple lists of segments.
- Apply A/B Split Testing
- By applying A/B split testing you can test different versions of your campaign settings or content. You can set the test size, duration and how to determine the winner.
This helps you optimize your campaign in a better manner.
- Publish this campaign to RSS Feed
- When you check this box, your subscribers will be able to see this campaign in their list's rss feeds.
- Google Analytics Integration
Oempro integrates seamlessly with the Google Analytics web service to help you track recipient activities on your website coming from your campaign.
We will learn about this feature in details in a separate topic - click here for detailed information.
- When you are done populating these fields hit the "Create Campaign and Edit Campaign Email".
- This will bring up the create new campaign selection screen.
- Click on the forth option "Fetch URL" - this will take you to the step 1 of the campaign email.
- Enter the name which will be used for the from field of your campaign email
- Email address
- Enter the email address which will be used for the from email field of your campaign email.
- Reply to Information
- You can use the same reply to information defined the name and email address fields above or use the new one by un-checking the option and entering the different reply-to information
- Click the "Next" button to proceed further.
- Embed images to email content
- You can tick this option if you wish to embed the images within your campaign, although this can increase the size of the email if there are many images within the email content.
- Content Type
- Select the content type - whether you are going to send an HTML email or Text. You can also send a multi-part email which will carry HTML as well TEXT based content and render it at the end-users end according to their email reader.
- Define the subject line for your campaign email.
- HTML Content URL
- Enter the URL where the content is uploaded.
- You can attach one or more files to the campaign email you are going to send.
- Hit the "Next" button to proceed further.
- Review your campaign by sending a preview email or preview it on browser and hit the "Next" button to go to the scheduling options of the campaign.
Use the drop down menu "send" to schedule the campaign
There are four scheduling options available for every campaign
If this option is selected the campaign will start sending immediately.
On given date and time
If you select this option then you will have to set the date and time for the campaign to start sending emails to your mailing lists.
If this option is selected you will be allowed to set the time and date along with the repeat frequency of your campaign.
If this option is selected then the campaign will be saved under the drafts folder and will never start.