This documentation has been deprecated. We are migrating Oempro help articles to our new help portal. Take a look at more detailed help articles on our new help portal.
Terms and Definitions
We have prepared a list of terms and their definitions to make you familiar with Oempro:
- The power user who has full control over users. There can be only one administrator on a single Oempro installation.
- Client(s) can be created by users. These client accounts are useful for providing real-time campaign statistics and reports to the campaign owner. Let's say, if user has sent a campaign on behalf of a customer, user can provide access to the customer and provide real-time statistics.
- Custom Field
- Oempro gives you opportunity to store different kind of information for your subscribers such as age, address or any other information. Users can create unlimited custom fields for each subscriber list
- According to Wikipedia, opt-in is a term used when someone is given the option to receive "bulk" e-mail, that is, e-mail that is sent to many people at the same time. Typically, this is some sort of mailing list, newsletter, or advertising. Obtaining permission before sending e-mail is critical because without it, the e-mail is Unsolicited Bulk Email, better known as spam.
- Subscriber List
- Subscriber lists store your subscribers (contacts). Each list may have different settings and preferences such as opt-in type, auto responders, custom fields, etc.
- User(s) can create subscriber lists, import email addresses, send campaigns and track results. User accounts can be created by administrator or they can sign-up to the system
- Suppression List
- A Suppression List is a list of suppressed e-mail addresses used by e-mail senders to comply with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003. CAN-SPAM requires that senders of commercial emails provide a functioning opt-out mechanism by which email recipients can unsubscribe their email address from future email messages.
If you can not find the term you are looking for here, just post it to the comments below and we will add it to the list.