This documentation has been deprecated. We are migrating Oempro help articles to our new help portal. Take a look at more detailed help articles on our new help portal.
In the previous topics we went through the steps for creating new mailing list, the creation process is simple although the mailing lists have their own intricate settings which can be fine tuned to achieve greater capabilities and sophistication.
Oempro allows you to configure your mailing lists in a highly sophisticated manner with the subscription behaviors, un-subscription behaviors, web services integration and other related options.
- In order to update and fine tune list settings go to "Lists"
- Choose the mailing list you wish to fine tune settings for
- The settings tab on the left hand side navigation will lead us to the list settings.
List Settings Options
- List Name
- You can update your list name to any other name which is suitable for the list
- Subscription Type
- You can make the list single opt-in or double opt-in by selecting the correct option from the drop down menu.
- Edit Confirmation Emails
- You can hit this button and edit the confirmation email in case your subscription type is double opt-in.
- Delete Confirmation Email
- If you have already created a confirmation email and want to create another one from scratch, delete existing confirmation by clicking on this button and then use "Create Confirmation Email" button to create a new one.
- Hide the List
- Use this option to hide the list under the subscriber area.
- Send Notifications
- Use this option to send notifications of the subscriptions and unsubscriptions
- Subscription Behaviors
- You can activate several behaviors when the subscription event occurs. The behaviors are listed below.
Subscribe him/her to a specific list
If you enable this option you can subscribe the subscriber to a specific list of your choice.
Unsubscribe him/her from a specific list
If you enable this option you can unsubscribe the subscriber from some previous mailing list he/she is subscribed to already.
Display my own confirmation pending page
You can choose this option to display your own subscription confirmation pending page.
Display my own subscription confirmed page
You can choose this option to display your own subscription confirmed page when the subscriber clicks on the confirmation link.
Display my own subscription error page
You can choose this option to display your own subscription error page.
- Unsubscription Behavior
- Subscribe him/her to a specific list
Choose this option to subscribe the subscriber to a specific list after he unsubscribes from the current list.
Unsubscribe him/her from a specific list
choose this option to unsubscribe the subscriber from other lists when he processes the unsubscription for this particular list
Unsubscribe him/her from all lists
Use this option to unsubscribe the subscriber from all the lists across your account when the unsubscription behavior happens.
Add unsubscribed email addresses into suppression list
You can choose this option to add the unsubscribed email to the suppress list
Add unsubscribed email addresses into global suppression list
You can choose this option to add the subscribed email to the global suppression list - global suppression list will ensure that no further communication is sent to the unsubscribed email.
Display my own unsubscription confirmed page
you can choose this option to display your own customized unsubscription confirmation page.
Display my own unsubscription error page
choose this option to display your own customized unsubscription error page.
- Web Services integration
- Oempro provides you an easy to use web service integration method to pass on the subscription and un-subscription data to the url you specify. This way you can keep your own database synchronized with the subscriber lists under your Oempro account.
New Service URL
Define the web services url which must start with http:// or https://
You can select the event type - there are two types of events happening - subscription or unsubscription.
- Request by Email Settings
- If you are using the subscription and unsubscription through emails [i.e. subscribers can send an email with a designated subject line either to subscribe to a mailing list or unsubscribe from a mailing list to a particular email id provided by Oempro
Specify the email address which will be bound to the mailing list
Enter the command to trigger subscription. Example: subscribe
The subscriber will have to use "subscribe" as their subject line without double quotes.
Enter the command to trigger unsubscription. Example: unsubscribe
The subscriber will have to use "unsubscribe" as their subject line without double quotes.